- Sleeps 8 (max 8 adults, 0 children)
The Owner Says
- If you are used to camping in an open field laid out like a housing estate then you are going to love the difference here at Hole Station! Your pitch is set in a private woodland glade, no early morning wake ups due to 'enthusiastic' children, no cars on site (car park adjacent) so no slamming car doors and headlights or numpties driving 50 yards to the loo at 3am.
- Let us know if your tent exceeds 5m in any direction so we can ensure a larger pitch is kept available for you. The longest tent we can accommodate is 7.5m.
- Hole Station isn't a 'party' site, it's for people who just want a bit of peace and quiet in deep countryside.
- No extra charges for hammocks, additional tents or awnings - your pitch fee is simply per person, it isn't about the number of tents.
- The Station Cafe is open for 'set you up for the day' breakfasts 8.30-10.30am.
- Dark skies - the Milky Way on view here assuming no clouds.
- Campfire kits (logs, kindling, firelighters) available from reception up to 7pm - also tripod cooking grills hire if campfire cooking is your thing.
- The holiday info centre has lots of information on things to do and places to go, maps for the (in)famous 3 pub walk and maps for a number of cycle routes which start and finish at the site.
- Free campsite facilities include electric showers, eco loos (much praised:-), phone charge point, hairdryer plug point, washing up station with hot water, a freezer for cool blocks, and recycling facilities.
- Off site Dartmoor is 30 minutes drive away, as are the sandy beaches of North Devon and Cornwall. You can be on top of a Dartmoor Tor in the morning, enjoying a lunchtime cream tea, swimming in the Atlantic in the afternoon and back to enjoy your campfire in the evening.
- No Dogs - we have free range chickens, there were unfortunate incidents in the past.
- 11pm Quiet Time - that means keep it down, there are others trying to sleep.
- No Music - that means radios and musical instruments.
- No stag or hen parties - we are decidedly NOT a party site.
- Adults Only - no under 18's.
About Hole Station Adults Only Woodland Campsite
NearbyDartmoor is a 20-minute drive away and the beaches of Bude and Widemouth are a 35–40-minute drive in the opposite direction. You can be standing on a Dartmoor Tor in the morning, swimming in the Atlantic in the afternoon, enjoying dinner in a tucked-away country pub in the evening, and finishing the day sitting gazing into your campfire on site. The area is great for cycling with the nearby Tarka Trail and the Granite Way for off road, and any number of quiet country lanes. If you fancy honing your Robin Hood skills, there’s an archery centre just down the road: Arms of Old (01409 231171). Or Dragon Archery (08000 372466), further afield, has exciting courses – come and have a go at the Agincourt course if you and your bow are up to it.
Food & DrinkThree pubs are within walking distance – the Golden Inn in Highampton (01409 231200), the Half Moon at Sheepwash (01409 231376) and Black River Inn in Black Torrington (01409 231888). There are also plenty of other pubs and restaurants within easy driving distance.
Hole Station Adults Only Woodland Campsite is located at Hole Station, Highampton, Beaworthy, Devon EX21 5JH
M5 south then A30 to Okehampton. In the town centre turn right (signposted Hatherleigh) when you reach the White Hart hotel. Continue along this road towards Hatherleigh then take the first exit (signed Highampton and Holsworthy) on reaching the roundabout at Hatherleigh. Go through Highampton village, past the Golden Inn and post office, and after 1 mile turn left (signposted footpath and cycle track) opposite the turn off to Black Torrington. Follow the lane down and the white gateway to Hole Station is on the right.